Start the Morning off with a bang!
In learning the ABC’s of good nutrition over the last few years, I have stumbled upon the concept of Power Foods. The fact that the chosen word to describe these foods is power must speak bounds to the common food consumer. Has it finally been discovered that these are the foods that reign above all else? Are these foods part of the 1% amongst the food society? Or, maybe it is these foods that should not be held accountable for paying their taxes since they are the foods in power, after all. Regardless of what kind of power they hold in their food society, us members who are higher on the food chain find many benefits from consumption of these so-called Power Foods.
Power Foods are foods that when consumed provide:
- The richest amount of nutrients
- The least amount of calories
- And the most healthful benefits
- 1 cup of Dried Old-Fashioned Oats
- 1/4 cup of mountain trail mix (combination of almonds, cashews, peanuts, raisins, dried cranberries, and pumpkin seeds)
- 2 Tablespoon of brown sugar (to taste)
- 1/4 cup of boiling water
- Portion all of the ingredients & start boiling water
- Pour the oats, trail mix, and brown sugar into bowl
- Add the boiling water & stir until you reach desired thickness/consistency
Pair up with a side of fruit and a cup of Jo or your favorite flavored tea
And, for more on Power Foods & Food Synergy, read this article!